Saturday, January 5, 2008

A year I won't forget...

The past year has forced me to stop, look back and reflect on what I’ve done right, what I’ve done wrong, and what I haven’t done at all! A year that started very well, took a really ugly turn and ended – I don’t know how. Most of last year, I was overwhelmed, with every little thing, and looking back makes me feel like in the grand scheme of things, this is after all a year that will just fade.

The New Year is probably the most well known celebration in the world. For people like me however, it’s just another day! No resolutions, no celebrations to mark the beginning of a New Year. But as the year ended, and I took a moment to reflect, I knew - If there is any year I would never forget in my life – then its 2007. The last year has transformed me, taught me lessons; sometimes I struggle to live with them, I fight to disprove them, but at the end of the day I hope to carry them with me wherever I go. I know I haven’t done anything like I did last year in all my life. It’s the first time that I didn’t keep in touch with anyone over months, the first time that people around me influenced my life to such an extent, The first time I accepted a whole lot of non-idealistic things, and of course the first time that I ended up talking to anyone and everyone who came my way, as a result of which first time there were shocking revelations of people. I had small achievements to help me sail through a rather tough year, and I had myself. All in all GREAT! No, I’m not being sarcastic. I was always lucky beyond belief, and its good if once in a while, your good luck stabs you in the back, and shakes out the cobwebs.

Looking forward to an ambitious year myself, here’s wishing everyone else a very happy year ahead!

13 comments:

Preethi said...

atlast!! i found SOMEONE who shares somewhat similar kind of experience i had! there are atleast 4-5 sentences here which truly reflect what i went through too!! afterall, u made me realise that i am not alone in this bad bad world..thanks!! :P :P :P

Unknown said...

Genuinely nice post ! One of the most memorable years of MY life too - thanks to special people like you who make the year extra special :)

Gagan said...

@abhinav
Seriously, I have to write about all that silly fun we had last year. It was just great !

Unknown said...

gagu,
shit ya. didnt noe only that u were facing so much. just thought u were being urself a SURD :P

Anyways, wat ever happened to u to me last year happened for good or atleast i hope so.
Lots in Store for u this year including Goa trip.

So Cheers :P

Gagan said...

@brunga
Bru, are you drunk ?

Pavan said...

Well, I could have said some really intelligent things now. I will just say, Nice Post. Hope hypothetical, inanimate things don't stab you in the back in future.

I liked this line a lot though - "The first time I accepted a whole lot of non-idealistic things, and of course the first time that I ended up talking to anyone and everyone that came my way, as a result of which first time there were shocking revelations of people". I can say the exact same thing for myself.

chetana said...

Some things need to take place earlier than later. Like Bru mentioned, whatever happened, happened for good.

You shall have a lovely and beautiful 2008 that you deserve. Ummaaa ... :)

Anonymous said...

Although I was aware of most of the stuff mentioned in the post but still in some ways touched my heart.On the brighter side you made a few good friends and you did so well @ work :)
Nways how are you doing in 2008 ??? And ya the line "you ended up talking to anyone n everyone" hehe made me laugh :) Nice post jaggu!!! Have a great year ahead.

I dont know said...

Hey.....Past is history....So dont retrospect too much....not worth it...so smile and look into the new year!!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too Gagan :)...like Abhinav said we had such a fun year at ssi and you were such a big reason for it...stay the way you are always...and wish you life's best :)

Arvind said...

seems like u just put out a mountain of feelings in this pretty write up of yours.....am sure the force will be with you in 2008 coz goin by the law of averages this year would be fabulous for you...watever life has in store for you...Don't worry madko beda!!!....after all 'Man Proposes; God and Woman Dispose...:)

Deepak said...

Retrospective & Nostalgic... was a very pleasant read.

Was just blog-hopping and came across ur blog.

Keep on writing.. it reduces our burden.

Preeti said...

Have a lovely 2008!!