Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The worst thing about me ?

Like any common person, I love myself! (Is it all that common?)

However, there is a kind of circumstance, and just this one kind so far, when I’ve hated myself and wanted to pick up a “life master remote control” and rewind (undo – what we call Ctrl-Z) whatever I did/said. This is generally when you catch me extremely emotional about something, and if you ask, I tend to dramatize. A LOT!

I’m not saying I exaggerate. I’m not saying I over state anything. I feel and mean every bit of all that dramatizing that I would have done, it’s just that – its not very normal! I’m a classic example of an idealist. I have perfect ideas in my mind, and I strive to achieve that same perfection, which is just not possible in real life! And then of course what I would have expected is very different from what one would have expected. (‘One’ - as in – a normal person.) This would lead to more dissatisfaction than normal, which in turn would lead to all that drama.

Hence proved.

Anyway, I know a lot of people- who know me and are reading my entry- have patiently dealt with all that dramatizing. So here goes a big thank you with reminders of the dramatizing (although I know its not something you guys have forgotten: P)

My Mommy – when we were watching that stupid soap, and I just randomly cried telling you about my petty troubles.

Brunga – when you were in London and how I just jumped on you, in the middle of the night, telling you stuff.

Ashit – when I made you skip that drink with your friends, just cause I HAD to meet you in the middle of the night!

Ravi - When I shared every bit and every teeny weeny issue I had at work or anything else, with you!

Innu – ALL THE BLOODY TIME! (You were no less)

Shilpa – On those rare occasions that we spoke any sense at all.

Soup – Before every exam, and after every result (What a pain I was!). And of course no better drama than the day I howled in your car and refused to take the chocolates.

***** – Oh my god! This is a completely unrevealed drama. The day I typed at least a thousand mails in justification to you.

And all you guys who shared the endless drama – Bhanita, Priyanka, Abhinav, Preethi, Arvind, Chetu... each one of you!!
Thanks Guys :) I won’t change, but you all have surely become more patient: D

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow ! For once, I totally agree with you. See.. now the whole thing gets clear about why we argue. YOU never accept the truth about yourself. If you were to write these kinda blogs more often about how you "over-dramatize", "exaggerate" and "hype" every little thing - we'd always have a consensus :D I'd be posting comments with "head-nodding-vigorously" emoticons.

And yaaa.. I've learnt to be patient too ! In case you haven't forgotten, you turned up a few hours late to office the day we had to finalize our Internship Project report (now DON'T claim that you don't remember... the least you can do NOW is apologize publicly :P). But I was still nice to you.. seee ??? Patience !

Gagan said...

@Abhinav
Oh Dear, thats just like you.. Spreading love all around on V-day !! :D

Unknown said...

And wishing all of Gagan's blog readers a Happy Valentine's Day !

(Pssst... a pretty sad V-Day if you're spending it reading Gagan's blog :P)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh!!! finally someone realizes that she is nothin else but a "DRAMA -QUEEN".. what a pain it is to put up with your natak!!! ALL THE BLOODY TIME! Even now when I'm adding this comment her BLOODY drama is on -- on gtalk!!! :P .. Abhinav.. am sure you can understand how irritatiing it is to bear all her NONSENSE :P

Anonymous said...

"My Mommy – when we were watching that stupid soap, and I just randomly cried telling you about my petty troubles." --- See now we all know from where she polishes her drama skills --- STOP WATCHING THOSE K SOAPS AND LET ALL OF US BE AT PEACE

Gagan said...

@Innu
EXCUSE ME?????
Soaps and me ??
ONLY when YOU come home, YOU want to sit with my mom, and watch THOSE soaps! Hence I sit, Hence proved !

Anonymous said...

That was jus so well written, enjoyed reading it. It was like you said everything without really pointing it out(think i m saying that for the second time :P). And no one has changed to be patient with you its just that you are so nice that you force people to be nice with you. And all that you tell me the tinny miny stories I enjoy them totally the way you over dramtize some of them :P haha jus dnt change that be the way you are. And as I was scrolling down I was wondering if my name is gona be there :P and I didnt rush down to chk that but it was there :P
bahut senti hoke likha ho aise lag raha hai but a nice post :)

chetana said...

My littulll sister, do we all have a choice? ...:P
.
.
.
.
.
.
Answer: Yes! We all DO have a choice and we choose to listen to every word that you say! ... :D

Anonymous said...

I'm just so glad you haven't mentioned me!
'cos (a) I am ofcourse not normal! (me reading your blog is obviously one of the signs proving this.. something must be terribly wrong with me) and (b) I never was and never will be patient.. so m again glad u know that! hehe.. happy dramatizing!

Anonymous said...

Been drinking/smoking a lot, these days? But that's some potent stuff you're having. Hoping that you'll share some details in your next post :)

Anonymous said...

Nothing interesting to write? Want someone to _create_ something interesting?

Gagan said...

@Anonymous
I feel really sad for you anonymous commenters. Seriously. How poor you must think of your own self and your comments!

Prateek Mohan said...

So here she acknowledges her immense talent of melodaramatics...

But still loved the narration...

Had you died writing this... it would have sounded like a Suicide Note. Trim few start/end lines and you have a perfect last letter, where people either curse or thank everyone. :P