Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A movie after aeons!

While I was still at work, a friend called me to ask “Shall we go watch blood diamond at night?” And I was just being my usual self, suffering from paranoia, when I asked… What time is the show? How will we go? How will we get back? What time does it end? Knowing me very well, she already had the answers to these. So it was 5 of us… My friend B, her dad (of course! That’s why I agreed to go out at night!) , And two kids along with us – S and I. (Names changed to protect the innocent.)

I caught up with I after work, and we went to B’s place to drop off my laptop. However B was with a friend(boy) and told her dad she was waiting for us at the mall!!!! Gosh we screwed up! So, after exchanging some bitter and twisted remarks, I finally got to watch a movie with lots of popcorn in my hands, after around 6 months (Yes, I’m not much of a movie buff but I had gotten to the bitter end… I was compelled to watch one now!), and I’m glad B chose this one! My expectations from the movie were not very high at all cause the last couple of movies I watched were just plain disappointment! A movie about conflict diamonds, also called Blood diamonds, managed to grab me from start to finish. It touches upon hugely sensitive issues and opens one’s mind to brutality of civil wars, of how child training could turn a child to a rebel!

DO NOT go there to watch Jennifer Connelly, she didn’t look good, AND her role was unwanted. However I’m glad the romance between Caprio n Connelly wasn’t developed. J I won’t reveal much here for the sake of people who haven’t watched the movie! And since it is an action thriller, the kids (I and S) were a bit scared. They refused to sleep at night!

Just for kicks...People who know me, may want to answer this - WHO DO YOU THINK THE KIDS ARE??


13 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOH OOOHH.. I KNOW who I and S are !! Can I answer here ?? or should I answer in private ? :D

Gagan said...

@abhinav
If u love you life... you know you shouldn't write here. 3rd floor is quite close u know

Unknown said...

@Gagan

Where does my poor little LIFE come into the picture ?? Was that an A-Rated movie or something that u ppl went to ???

Anonymous said...

'WHO DO U THINK THE KIDS ARE?' -- Is it Innu and Sinnu ???

Gagan said...

Dear tinu,
do i know you?

Anonymous said...

I hope so...Yeah dont you remember me !!!

Anonymous said...

who r the 'kids' jugs ??even if kids i m sure they r really interestin and u cant think of goin anywher without them!!
n abhinav how far do u think whitefield is?

Gagan said...

@anonymous
No doubt they are! But now even if i say i really love them, they will file a child abuse case against me :P

Anonymous said...

Look who's talking about kids by the way.... who was scared of going for a night show without B's dad? so who's the scared chick here... Mr Gun Gun?What the kids were getting "so called" scared of is the "brutal child labour" and "violence" which i guess would "touch" any humanitarian!!!!! :p

Ravi Bhatia said...

ohh dnt knw miss gun gun is a movie reviewer as well thanks for the review. i hvnt watched it otherwise i wud have reviewed ur review on the movie ;-) n yeah like abhinav even i knw whos I n S ;-)

Pavan said...

*blinks*
*blinks again and again until someone notices and unveals the mystery of alphabets*
*blinks again, this time because he is thrilled doing it*

Anonymous said...

No new post for aeons! :)

Anonymous said...

Good job ! Same thought on the the movie!