Thursday, February 8, 2007

...And again!

“Guru has nice songs” – said a colleague, raising her eyebrows in delight, as we were moving out of the conference room. My perception: Guru is a website to download songs!!! (Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you in my last post – I’m NOT a movie buff!)

Few Days later –

I can’t find a song I really like, and I recall, “Guru has nice songs”. I had a task at hand; I had to find the link to this website guru. I was sure I would find the song at this website. I pinged my favorite person for doubts. He’s like a stand-alone call center when it comes to links and website and registration information! Ladies and gentlemen, may I please introduce to you, my friend and colleague, Abhinav Kishore. (Round of applause and some faint noises of boo’s follow…). So, I asked this powerful resource for the link to guru. Now - comprehensively examine this situation –

He happens to be a huge movie buff

He and I are connected on the intranet

Consequence – he gives me the link to all the songs of guru on his machine!

Well, it then didn’t take me long to realize that guru movie is in fact a movie.
Going by all this, you can imagine my level of interest in the movie, my awareness about, and expectation from, this movie. (NIL!no marks for guessing!)

I happened to watch the movie just yesterday, and contrary to my beliefs and your expectations, I actually didn’t think it was ALL that bad! Not ALL that good either ;)
Aishwarya Rai – hmmm – generally I could have her head on a platter, but I must say in guru she is really not all that terrible. Maybe cause she hardly had a role! In fact in many places I thought she was cute and the romance (that’s all she’s there for) was refreshing, and real! And unlike all the other reviews of this movie, I also thought Abhishek was good. But yeah that’s about it. The story was the same old monotonous thing after a while, say an hour. And as usual, the demon of melodrama was sworn in and the end was completely meaningless!

Going far behind, I still haven’t found the song I was looking for.
Its called “yehi vo jagah hai, jahan hum mile the” from the movie “yeh raat phir na aayegi”. I have heard this song just once, fell in love with it, been looking for it ever since. Let me know if anyone finds it!

9 comments:

Ravi Bhatia said...

Well surprised to knw that u dnt knw guru was a movie. BTW i think ur still not aware that its been made on the life of Dhirubhai Ambani, now dnt ask me whos he infact b4 u raise that question hes the one who started relaince industries n as far as i knw watevr they have shown in the movie is exactly wat happend in his life apart frm a few changes here n thr. n i agree ash was ok in this movie even i dnt like her otherwise....

Gagan said...

@Ravi
Yes yes yes ravi... i'm aware of all of that!!!! Not so ignorant yet! :P

Ravi Bhatia said...

thank god u knw all that ;-)

Anonymous said...

oooh...u forgot to mention that ur good friend and colleague is a die-hard Aishwarya Rai fan :)

Pavan said...

You forgot to mention your good friend and a Samaritan hates Aishwarya Rai for all he's worth, which is a lot.

Not that I hate her, hate her. I like her as a person with XX chromosomes. The trouble starts when she talks. Especially when she tries to "act". Constipated. Thu.

Try in some Peer to Peer thing. You will find that song.

Gagan said...

Actually next time i want a song..i will just post it on my blog. I had the song in my inbox this morning! :)

Unknown said...

Will someone please sue this blogger and the authors of these derogatory comments about the most beautiful woman on earth ???

@Pavan !!

X-( X-( X-( Who cares what Aishwarya Rai TALKS or how she ACTS ? Use only one of your senses when she's around.. SIGHT :D !

Preethi said...

hehe.. pavan, don't bother trying to convince abhinav that we watch movies not just for appearance(hmph!) of characters but also for ACTING skills which aishwarya rai has to still develop...

@gagan
i thought abhishek got very good reviews for the movie, no?

Unknown said...

@Preethi !!

X-( X-( X-(

For the umpteenth time !! Aishwarya Rai DOESN'T need to ACT !

X-( X-( X-(

Legend : "X-(" = "Angry"