Thursday, February 15, 2007

Let me out - Part I

I happened to register for a training, and because it is common for the entire corporation, I had to visit another building to attend this training. Now my entry is completely about this building. I will call it …hmmm…say The building. So first thing, I drive to the The building and after almost half a kilometer drive I see a guard. I ask him for parking directions, and he shows me the way. Wow! Now that’s a huge parking lot! Eighteen floors of parking space!
Level 0 – FULL
Level 1 – FULL
Level 2 – FULL
Level 3 – FULL
Level 4 – FULL
Level 5 – FULL
8.a.m in the morning, I have gone up the parking ramp six times! On the contrary, if I get to my office building at 9.30 a.m., I have the entire parking lot to myself. Completely spoiled by the culture (Who’s complaining :)), I didn’t like the idea of driving so much extra just to park!
Anyways, I park on Level 6, search around a bit for the elevator. Oh! There it is…hiding somewhere behind the ramp. I had to cross the ramp to get to the elevator. Now! Now! This wasn’t as easy as pie. Cars came up the ramp like oblivious drivers speeding on fast lanes of highways! After a few unsuccessful attempts, I finally managed to cross and get to the elevator. Now this elevator is not really the patient kinds. It had just opened and I was strolling in, and ouch…it almost closed on me! I hop in and notice something weird about the control panel there. Never mind, my training was on level 0, so I obviously pressed level 0 and quietly waited. Oops…what happened…I’m back on the basement? The guard said “Madam floor two mein jaao”. Well, I got back in, pressed 2, and got to the ground floor! (WHAT???!!) Not to forget, I was carrying my laptop in a heavy, mind you, very heavy Dell laptop bag. The building had driven me crazy by now. There is more and more weird stuff waiting to be posted. Come back for Let me out – Part II

6 comments:

Ravi Bhatia said...

no comments waiting for the second part :-) btw did u opt for that training i thgt ur magr has put u on to that.

Gagan said...

I opted for it. Will tell you the details personally

Pavan said...

*Wears his white coat from the first year* The Universe is conspiring against you. That will be 50 bucks for the consultation please.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

So this is you blog.

Sandeep

Anonymous said...

your*