Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Let me out - Part II

I'm back :) I know part II is awfully late.I've been coming home so tired from work..not because I'm working too much..just because I'm eating all the wrong things and messing up my health. And I'm getting depressed about weird weird stuff;like today..I got totally upset cause I don't have a brother!!!! (What!!!&*%#^$%&^%)

Anyways, getting back to
the building, I spent an entire day at the building peacefully. A colleague I met at the same training guided me up and down those i'm-dying-to-close-on-you lifts. When leaving, we were given two heavy training books. These + my already heavy laptop bag = VERY HEAVY STUFF! I carried them and walked the corridor towards the entrance of the building...oops wrong direction.. thats the entrance...exit must be somewhere else! Went back to the other end of the corridor... ah i see a lift here. My car is on level 6 - superb! Get in! And the control panel brings me the bad news...it shows buttons upto level-5 ONLY! My only option was this guy in the lift... I asked him... excuse me, could you tell me how to get to the parking? He had that silly-woman smile on his face when he said ' You are in the wrong lift- come with me, i'll show you'. Now this guy was being really sweet... but "come with me" and my paranoid nature didn't allow a comfort zone! He was to get off at level-4...he skipped it and came with me to level 5... And then took me to someother lift...Before saying bye, he said something like 'go down to level -0 blah blah blah'. For some reason i was really numb when he gave the rest of the directions...

By now, my fingers had gone red..the bag seemed heavier than ever now! So i went back to level -0, and headed to the guard - HOW DO I GET OUT??? He mislead me completely!!Each one would guide, rather misguide, me with so much confidence that I thought I have gone mad or something!
I was desparately searching for the lift which has even numbers on the panel! Remember? In Part One, I said I noticed something really weird about the panel. Finally on one of my trips down the lift in this eternal search, there was this guy who i obviously turned to and asked - Could you please (please please please please) tell me how to get to the parking. Guess what this God sent angel said - 'I'm going there... you just follow me'

After that I realised...no matter what floor you are on, you have to come down to level-0, get out of the building and take the parking lift out there! You HAVE to come down to level-0!!!! I was amazed...truly! Why wud they design it like that?
I was just thanking my stars that i didn't park on an odd floor...cause the panel didn't show those numbers at all! May be there is another lift to get to those!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha..this is so funny. I can imagine u must have been freaked out by those 'dying-to-close-on-u' lifts!!!! Next time try registering for a training in mantri itself :p. actually maybe u can visit 'The Building' again, n write about some more hilarious incidents:). Well written..keep going.

Preethi said...

"but "come with me" and my paranoid nature didn't allow a comfort zone!
".. hehe.. i should have seen the expression on your face that time!! can't believe that "The Building" is designed in such a complicated way.. never parked there, but i am sure i know what to watch out for if i ever do! :)

Swaroop Srinath said...

Did u see that movie, T2... Arnold "howdouspellhis2ndname" wisely said "Come with me if u want to live"... i'm sure there is nothing to be paranoid when a young, nerdy, seriously undersexed software engineer says that to you in a lift :P

brother???? why???
bhaiyyyyyyaaaa !!!

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm... The time has come.. when I MUST sympathize with Gagan.. ! C'mon.. strangers asking her "Come with me" is way over the top ! ( Psst.. Gagan.. that guy survived ? You granted him his life despite the heinous crime he committed ?" ). Now now.. where was I ? Ya.. right.. SYMPATHY ! Anyone would've gone mad in that Harry-Potter-Triwizard-Tournament kinda maze out there at OTP (not eliminating the possibility of gigantic spiders and bulbous beasts coming up in any dark alleys out there...). It was so natural to be scared ! Next time.. you should probably just take an auto and WALK into OTP.. thereby escaping those weird odd/even numbered lifts and those shifty-eyed nerds..

Gagan said...

@Abhinav
You can never TRULY sympathize!