Sunday, February 25, 2007

Fender-Bender

Madhavan Park Circle, 3rd Block, Jayanagar...
Brunga was at an average speed, like never before, on her bike. We were heading to my place at around 8.30 p.m. For a change we weren't even talking, the both of us! A mélange beige Chevrolet optra was slightly behind us, on the right. A very common site on bangalore roads today, the driver (mad!) of this car, wanted to turn left, being on the extreme right of the road. And he DID! The car bumper banged us...We knew we are going to lose balance and fall... but no! We were okay... The driver having touched us clearly panicked and before we could realize... again...he hit us bad this time! There was a THUD noise, we knew what hit us, and we FELL! I had a whole lot of things in my hand, and they were all over the road.
Fortunately, I rolled on the ground when I fell and didn't really get hurt (not any that were visible atleast!) Even before I could get up I was worried about our bags cause a whole lot of people were around us...One big crowd! Seemed like we fell into a well with people peeping in to see who’s there. I grabbed the bags(I’m a girl..hehe…bag is my life) and my cell phone, and managed to get up with some help... And what do I see??? Brunga HOWLING! The bike was on her ankle! She was crying ;I ran up to her. I was so scared at that moment, but people around were so kind and helpful. They helped me get her to the footpath. I called her dad; he was there within minutes.
The guy who banged us was being extremely sweet (not that he had a choice). He was there all along and offered to take us to the doctor...But his WIFE! I could have eaten her alive! She claimed to be very tired! (Idiot! &*$^%$&^*^*)
We got back to her place with her dad, took her to the doctor. She hopped in with her bleeding ankle! Thankfully, she was just given tablets. We go back home, ordered pizza (nice part) and slept… when I woke up, it was 11.30 a.m!!! I have never slept so much. My body was so tired and pained after the fall! I slept n slept… and got late for dance (Yes yes… I went!)
Anyways just before leaving the accident scene I stopped to check what happened to the car. There was a huge dent on the bumper and it was terribly scratched too! (NO! I didn’t feel bad at all) Will cost him a bundle to get it replaced. Superb!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm.. TRUE SYMPATHY this time Gagan.. (the problem is that with my current reputation.. no matter how genuine my sympathy is.. no one is gonna take it seriously.. ESPECIALLY gagan.. ! ).

Take care.. Drive carefully.. 'Get well soon' to Brunga..

Anyways.. you better stick to riding in ur car only (With windows closed, of course... who knows what dangers are lurking out there.. all of them waiting to jump into your car through that minuscule gap between the window glass and frame.. one can never be too careful !)

Abhinav

Gagan said...

@Abhinav
See i told you no... no TRUE SYMPATHY ever

Swaroop Srinath said...

hmmmm... i'm just thinking how i will be driving when i get back to India. We need to take a leaf out of drivers in the West, be patient and relaxed on the road. I, for one, will be driving calmly, atleast 3 metres from the closest vehicle !

Gagan said...

@Swaroop
You wouldn't really listen when I'd warn you against taking your bike between two buses!! See you needed to go to france to realize this... and I knew it all along.. Smart ain't I?? :P

Ravi Bhatia said...

heehee bags are life for a gurl -) that was gud hehe, gosh u survived the accident next time i will send sumone whos gud at knocking dwn ppl hehe ;-) jus kiddng marna mat.
n u still made it to the salsa class sahi hai boss....i hope this comment on ur blog will help me save my hands jus for this time plz gabbar...

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!