Friday, November 21, 2008

ctd...Memories of Thailand

Our tour guide Nisha rightly said in a strong thai accent – “Phuket, very safe place for lady, but very Dangerous for man”. I didn’t know what the main attraction of Phuket is, until we took a walk on Bangla Street. Its not tin or rubber, its simply sex tourism! You’ll spot old men with sixteen year olds, and that really isn’t pleasing!

Anything you want to buy at Phuket - bargain and go on until you’ve settled for one-third the price. The whole process will anyway suck the shopping spirit out of you. If you have all the money in the world, spend it at the flattering gem factory! I loved an emrald ring, but I don’t think I can afford it in this lifetime to say the least. :P

Walking along the patong beach was simply my favorite thing. Pics -







Phuket has an awesome nightlife, needless to say! It’s a city that’s alive all night; we even spotted kids out at mid night! I don’t think I saw a cop all through my stay at Phuket! Everything is legal until you get caught, and there is hardly any chance you will!

The tuk-tuk is the most preferred public transport system. You can even get a ride on the Bike-Taxi’s (You get a drop on a bike!).

As we walked across the shopping markets, the store-owners sitting outside kept asking us “Heyyyyy, you from Paaakeesthhhhaaaan “ (With a tune, dragging the last bit). We were so tired of responding to “Ohhhhh Namasteyyyyyyyy!!”, that we simply decided to ignore their comments. So we walked along and suddenly - “Heyyyy you from Indeeeyaaaaaaa”… again…“Heyyyy you from Indeeeyaaaaaaa” …”Indeeeyaaaaa”… “ you not talkeeeeng”… “only walkeeeeeeng”… and we burst into laughter !!

I obviously missed my niece despite the short duration! :P The best –EST part of the trip was Canoeing at James Bond Island. It has startling needle-shaped limestone formations. This was the most memorable of all the (few) things I have done.
Noticed a perfect lady carved out on the limestone rock, seemed like a wonder of nature to me!







Phuket is a place run by ladies and lady boys (below: P).

All in all - an awesome place to chill out, the best place for a vacation. I am just crazy about clear blue waters, and beaches at Phuket were crystal clear. Loved it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

phokat mai phuket toh kisi ko bhi accha lage ga yaar :P hehe...
the pics are really nice but the beach is not very clean tune hi ganda kiya hoga pakki baat hai ....

Anonymous said...

U write brilliant.
I like they way u mix-up everything and present !! Keep it up !

Anonymous said...

you only walk you dnt talk hehe :P

Unknown said...

Nice post ! Reasons why I'm posting a comment:

1. Gagan asked me to ! She pestered me to !

2. I'm so in awe of Gagan winning that standing ovation award thingy.. this post reminds me of how smart gagan is ! Seriously !!

3. And finally.. if I'm nice to her, next time she might decide to take me along instead of showing me pix and telling me how nice Thailand is !!!

Unknown said...

Okk.. first things first.. above comment was meant for previous post ! Gagan ! Delete it !

Now for this post.. very interesting ! That Bangla street of theirs sounds so similar to Marine Drive in Mumbai.. of course the one in Mumbai being a "cruder" variety :P

The beaches look very good indeed.. you look very good too (okk.. stop flying..come back down.. tht was once in a lifetime compliment.. not gonna come again)

And finally.. I couldn't agree more with Ravi.. phokat mein to phuket ho ya ghatkopar.. sabhi kuch achcha lagega :P

Anonymous said...

@Abhinav

Ghatkopar !! :P LOL

Ashish said...

Gagan !! you are travelling from east to west of India ..seems you are a true ambassador of reliance -- kar lo duniya muththi mai ...